Jefferson Market Court, Manhattan - 1935
Jefferson Market Courthouse, southwest corner of Sixth Avenue and West 10th Street, looking north from southwest corner of Sixth Avenue and West 9th Street, Manhattan. The Jefferson Market Courthouse was built by architects Calvert Vaux and Frederick Withers in 1876 in an area called Jefferson Market. Today, The Jefferson Market Courthouse is a branch of the New York Public Library system. It is located in Greenwich Village.
Photographer: Berenice Abbott (1898-1991). Date Created: 1935-10-21. Source: The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Photography Collection. The New York Public Library.
More: Antique photographs of Manhattan ►
Copyright © Geographic Guide - Antique photographs of NYC.