The Tribune Building - 1875
Title: New Tribune Building. Published ca. 1875.
The Tribune Building was completed in 1875, originally with nine floors and 260-foot-high in neo-Grec style, designed by Richard Morris Hunt. It was then the second tallest building in New York, after Trinity Church, with its spire. Nine more floors were added in 1905. The Tribune moved out in the 1920s and the Building was demolished in 1966.
Source (edited): Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs, New York Public Library.
Copyright © Geographic Guide - Antique photographs of NYC.