Junction of Chatham and Centre Streets - 1867

 

Original title: The Junction of Chatham and Centre Sts. from Printing House Square. Publisher: E. & H.T. Anthony & Co., circa 1867, originally in stereoscopic form. Source: New York Public Library.

Chatham Street was the name of Park Row before 1886. The City Hall is to the left, out of view. The tower of Saint Andrews Church rises behind the Tryon Row Buildings, replaced later by the First Judicial District Civil Court. The Tryon Row Buildings housed The Sentinel and Freeman's Journal, an Irish newspaper.

 

Tryon Row

 

Antique photos of NYC

 

 

 

 

NY City Hall Park

 

 

Park Row Building

 

 

Park Row old

 

 

Herald building

 

Printing House Square

 

 

Junction of Chatham and Centre Streets - 1867

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright © Geographic Guide - Antique photographs of NYC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Antique photographs