National Shoe and Leather Bank - 1894

 

View toward the old National Shoe & Leather Bank building, with busy Chambers Street scene of pushcarts, wagons and horse-drawn trolley. The City Hall Park is on the left. In 1921, this 13-story building, at 271 Broadway, was sold to the Chemical Bank. It was demolished and the site is now occupied by Tower 270, completed in 1930.

Photo copyrighted by J.S. Johnston in 1894. Source: Library of Congress.

 

Shoe Leather Bank

 

Antique photos of NYC

 

 

 

 

City Hall Park

 

 

 

Chambers Street

Broadway, corner of Chambers St. - 1910

 

Construction NY building

 

 

Decker Building

 

 

Broadway north

 

19th century NY

 

 

 

Sailors' Snug Harbor

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright © Geographic Guide - 20th Century NYC.

 

 

National Shoe and Leather Bank - 1894

 

 

 

Antique photographs