Central Presbyterian Church - 1931
This temple was commissioned and funded by John D. Rockefeller, Jr. in 1922, as the home for Park Avenue Baptist Church, but it proved too small for the Baptist congregation. Then it moved to Riverside Church in Morningside Heights and this temple at Park Avenue, corner of 64th St., was sold to the Central Presbyterian Church in 1929.
Photograph by Irving Underhill, copyright 1931. Source: Library of Congress.
Copyright © Geographic Guide - 20th Century NYC.