Church of the Holy Trinity
Madison Avenue and 42nd Street - about 1890
The Episcopal Church of the Holy Trinity on the northeast corner of Madison Avenue and East Forty-second St. It opened in 1874 and the Grand Central Depot, seen on the right, was completed in 1871. At the time about 500 trains were using the station.
Photo taken about 1890. Source: Photographic views of New York City, 1870's-1970's, from the collections of the New York Public Library.
Copyright © Geographic Guide - 20th Century NYC.