Hotels on Fifth Avenue - about 1930
Hotels on 5th Avenue seen from Central Park. Both the Sherry-Netherland, on the left, the Savoy-Plaza (center) were opened in 1927. The Plaza Hotel, to the right, opened in 1907. The Savoy-Plaza was razed in 1965 and early 1966 to make way for the General Motors Building, completed in 1968. Photograph by Wurts Bros. taken about 1930 from the New York Public Library.
Copyright © Geographic Guide - Old photos NYC, Early 20th Century.
The Savoy-Plaza Hotel