Vesey Street and St. Paul's Chapel about 1930

 

Vesey Street seen from Broadway in the early twentieth century. The historic Saint Paul's Chapel in on the left. The Art Deco Barclay-Vesey Building, completed in 1927, is in the distance. The still existing Underwood Building was completed in 1912 on the corner of Church Street, with 18 floors above ground. The Garrison Building (20 Vesey Street) was the headquarters of The Evening Post, from 1907 to 1926. On the right is the Astor House Building.

Photograph taken between 1927 and 1931 by Wurts Bros. (New York, N.Y.) from NYPL.

 

Vesey Street

 

Antique photos of NYC

 

 

 

St. Paul's Chapel images

 

 

Saint Paul Building

Photo taken from Vesey Street.

 

Copyright © Geographic Guide -  The City of New York in the 20th Century.

 

Mail Express Building

 

Architecture New York

 

Vesey Street and St. Paul's Chapel about 1930

 

Antique photographs