St. Paul's Chapel - Vintage Images

 

Saint Paul's Church is an Episcopal chapel, linked to the Parish of Trinity Church. The Chapel is located at 209 Broadway, between Fulton Street and Vesey Street. It is home to historic memorials and monuments, and it hosts a variety of arts events.

It is the oldest temple in Manhattan, built in 1790. The first temple, built between 1764 and 1766, was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1776.

George Washington prayed here following his inauguration as the first President of the United States, in 1789. In the same year, the Montgomery Monument was installed in the east window of St. Paul's Chapel. It was the first official monument commissioned by the Continental Congress in 1776.

The tower was added in 1794. One bell was made in 1797, in London and installed in 1834. The other bell was made in 1866.

 

Saint Paul Chapel

 

Antique photos of NYC

 

 

 

 

St Paul Chapel

 

Saint Paul's Chapel in an old postcard (Souvenir Post Card Co.) ca. 1906.

 

Broadway images

 

Saint Patrick Cathedral

 

 

Park Row images

 

Saint Pauls Chapel

 

Saint Paul Chapel

 

Broadway buildings

 

NY Saint Paul's Church

 

20th century NY

 

Vesey Street

 

Churches NY

 

Trinity Church

 

Park Row NY

 

Saint Paul Building

 

Post Office

 

St. Paul's Church NY

 

 

St. Paul's Chapel - Vintage Images

 

Copyright © Geographic Guide - Antique photographs of NYC.

 

Antique photographs