New England Hotel on Broadway - 1848

 

The five-story New England Hotel, at 111 Broadway, adjoining Trinity Church Yard, on the left. Carriages, an omnibus, and a cart appear on the street, and pedestrians on the sidewalk. The proprietor's name (P. Wight) on print, identifies it as an advertisement. The old City Hotel, on the corner of Thames Street (on the right) was closed in 1849. Lithograph by Frances Flora Bond Palmer (1812–1876), created between 1846 and 1849 (original in the Metropolitan Museum of Art).

There was a two-story building on the site before 1830 and a three-story building around 1830. about 1843, the All Nations' Hotel was at 111 Broadway. The New England Hotel was constructed about 1844 (The Great Metropolis or New York in 1845, copyrighted 1844, indicates 111 Broadway as New England House). It was demolished in 1852 to make way for the Old Trinity Building. About the early 1860s, the Moss Hotel at 30 Bowery was sold and renamed New England Hotel.

 

New England Hotel

 

Historic Hotels in NYC

 

Trinity Building

 

 

 

 

Hotel Windsor NY

 

Old Trinity Building

 

City Hotel

 

NY Hotels

 

Skyscrapers

The area changed a lot in the early 20th century.

 

Historic Buildings

 

Copyright © Geographic Guide - Old Hotels of the City of New York.

 

New England Hotel on Broadway - 1848